Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TAKE A RETREAT

I've tried to take at least one,
and usually two or three retreats every year. Here are my
Top 3 Reasons:
1. It lets me find myself.
At first, being in a strange
environment, with new people (or alone) always feels a bit
strange. Then, something wonderful happens. I start to
breath. And think. I walk or sleep or sit by the fire. I
find myself. It's a good thing! (And something totally
weird: no matter what I eat, or how much, I always lose a
little weight on these trips. Very curious -- but nice!)
2. It adjusts my compass.
We all need to know where we're
going in life and personal retreats provide time and space
to re-set your direction, consult your dreams, affirm your
values and verify your direction in life. I love the
metaphor of a personal "North Star." We all need to know we
are living our lives "on purpose" and "on course." Personal
retreats can be disruptive (if you've gotten off-course) but
they are always affirming.
3. It's incredibly profitable!
Usually, I come home with
wonderful new ideas, new energy and new enthusiasm that
apply directly to my work. Often I come home with new
products or new insights about how to give more value to my
clients and customers. Sometimes I come home with joint-
ventures or partnerships. But in the broader sense, I always
come back focused and "ready." The ROI (Return on
Investment) is amazing!

No comments: