Sunday, August 12, 2012

MAKE IT EASY TO DO BUSINESS

One of the obvious basics for any business is that it should
be easy for customers to do business with you. Make sure you
are easy to find and easy to talk with. Make it easy for
your customers to order and above all, make it easy for them
to get great service when it's needed.
Don't do that to your business!
And yet businesses do that every day. One local restaurant
has an impossible parking lot. I think it's dangerous and I
hate going there. I see businesses without good signs, and I
call businesses who don't accept calls from "blocked"
numbers! How dumb is that?
I see home-based businesses without dedicated business
phones, or worse, that share an answering machine with their
kids!
I remember once on the television show, "The Apprentice," a
candidate cursed during an interview in the board room.
Would Donald Trump hire an executive who uses that kind of
language in a formal meeting? The guy got the famous,
"You're fired!"
Make it easy to do business with you, and remember--
"everything counts!" Success and failure are in the details.
Make it easy to do business with you.

No comments: