Monday, September 28, 2020

WORDS: COMMUNICATION

When I was a kid, I was given a bit of tough love…
 
A teacher told me, “Just because you can talk doesn’t mean you can communicate.”
 
When you give a presentation, do you see people yawning, nodding off, or texting about halfway through?
 
When you’re put on the spot, whether during a meeting at work, an argument or debate with your spouse, or a project with co-workers, you feel tongue-tied – and nobody understands what you’re trying to say? 
 
Well, if you are… I have terrible news…
 
You’re… a human being! The truth is, communication issues are at the root of nearly all of the problems you’ll face daily. 
 
In fact, with decades of research, I’ve come to learn that your ability to communicate effectively determines 85 percent of your success in life.

No comments: