Saturday, December 5, 2020

10 LIFE LESSONS

1. I believe that we all want, more than anything else, to feel truly alive, to sense deep connection with others, and to have meaningful pursuits and contributions. This is encapsulated by my mantra and teachings: LIVE. LOVE. MATTER.
 
2. I believe that anyone can have a phenomenal life if they’ll deeply value learning and focus intently on their mindset, habits and environment.
 
3. I believe most unhappiness comes from lack of awareness or intention of #1 and #2 above.
 
4. I believe that it’s entirely unnecessary and unhelpful to “dumb down” our content or education in order for people to “easily” get it. No wisdom was ever gained without struggle. Our education system is failing to create critical thinking and resilient learning.
 
5. I believe you have to surround yourself with people who have great aspirations to help others.
 
6. I believe that humble and consistent service throughout one’s life is more fulfilling than any one-time accolade or major achievement.
 
7. I believe that most people undervalue themselves and get discouraged too easily because they haven’t read enough history or remarkable biographies to know what’s even possible despite humble, unfavorable or brutal beginnings.
 
8. I believe true motivation is not felt luckily but rather summoned daily.
 
9. I believe you and I have barely scratched the surface of what we are capable of, and recognizing that is a humble and grateful nod to our Creator.
 
10. I believe every day is a second chance to live with greater intention, kindness and courage.
 
These are just a few things I've learned from my life's experience and research, and from reflecting on, and journaling about it all.

I worry that people don't journal enough anymore, and that very few know how to do it in a way that generates real breakthroughs, strength and progress.

No comments: