Wednesday, March 8, 2017

THE JOY OF FINE CALIPERS

This is a story of Ed and Rhonda, who own a website that
sells gems and precious stones. Recently, they've branched
out and started selling an inexpensive but very precise
tool they use for measuring precious stones as related by Philip Humbert
I bought one of their calipers and use it for one of my
hobbies. For the low price, they sell an amazing tool and
it's helped me achieve a level of precision that's never
been possible before. I loved it! Briefly.
The one I bought soon broke. A small panel that controls a
wheel that allows for adjustments down to .0001", fell off.
A small screw, less than one millimeter in diameter, broke
and made fine adjustments impossible.
One evening last week, after the close of business and
after my dinner, I sent an email explaining the problem.
Exactly 63 minutes later, I received a reply from Ed saying
he was sorry, that he would replace my caliper and also
send extra screws so that, if I could fix my caliper, I'd
have "an extra as a back-up."
Today, my new caliper arrived by Priority Mail, along with
a note apologizing for the inconvenience. And as promised,
Ed included replacement screws and a note explaining how to
fix my original caliper.
I don't expect to buy many more calipers, gems or precious
stones. But if I do, who do you think I'll go to? Ed and
Rhonda's fantastic service can't be based on dollars and
cents. They'll make little, if any, money from me in the
future. Their service is based on passion, on ethics, and
on a sense of integrity. They'll have my business for life!
That, my friends, is how you build a business. And, if you
ever need calipers, gems or stones, I refer you to: 
EAGems.com They're good folks!

No comments: