Friday, May 11, 2018

THE WORLD'S BEST TOOLS

This week I was talking with a colleague about technology
and told her about my policy of acquiring new technologies
as they evolve. She exclaimed that she couldn't afford that,
and my comment was that I couldn't afford not to.
The rule is that the most productive workers, and
ultimately the most successful people, always have the best
tools. Period.
To earn more, you must know and produce more, and that
requires better tools. For most of us, our key tools are
our knowledge, our technology systems, and the colleagues we
associate with every day.
1. That means you must learn more. Continuous learning is a
must. Brian Tracy points out that if you read one book per
week, in ten years you will have read 500 books, and then
he asks this question: "Would reading 500 books give you
an edge over your competitors, knowing that most people
never read at all?" I think the answer is obvious.
2. It means investing in the best technology. Update and upgrade your
technology systems because you want "availability". You 
trust Murphy's Law that if systems CAN fail, they WILL
fail, and at the worst possible moment. You want your business
to be a "problem-free zone" where you work without
frustration or distraction. Get good technology.
3. Expand your network. There is great truth that "it's who
you know that counts". My network of amazing people have
the answers to almost any question, they assist me, and
they support my clients. It's the network that provides me
with what I need, when I need it, virtually every time.
To earn more, get better tools.

No comments: